sabato 28 novembre 2015

Poesie XVI. Poems XVI



I'd like to light up a candle
and put it on my window,
so that you find back your way
in the darkness of life;
outside the snowstorm blows,
it tortures the trees in gusts,
it's cold and nothing can be seen,
inside the wood the road is lost;
and you are out there, alone,
and can't be helped by no one.
Remember that, I'll wait for you,
I'll keep awake praying by the sill:
may my heart be your light in the night,
may its warmth envelope you amidst the chill;
my weak, little flame
may lead you among the dark:
it will not fade away, I promise,
and at dawn you'll find your path again;
at the end, at daybreak,
my candle and my home,
waiting there for you.



Vorrei accendere una luce
da porre alla mia finestra,
perché tu ritrovi la strada
nel buio della vita;
fuori soffia la tormenta,
le raffiche torturano gli alberi,
fa freddo e non si vede nulla,
la strada è persa dentro al bosco;
e tu sei là in mezzo, solo,
e nessuno ti può aiutare.
Ricordalo, io ti aspetterò,
veglierò pregando accanto al davanzale:
il mio cuore ti sia luce nella notte,
il suo calore ti avviluppi in mezzo al gelo;
tra le tenebre ti guidi
la mia debole fiammella:
non verrà meno, lo prometto,
e all'alba ritroverai la strada;
in fondo, al primo chiarore,
la mia luce e la casa che ti aspetta.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento